After presenting how women continue to struggle against poverty, violence and ineptitude, Prof. Judy Taguiwalo, Director of the Center for Women Studies of the University of the Philippines issued a concrete challenge. “We call on not only women – mothers, daughters, and sisters – but also everyone to take a stand against the administration that perpetuates violence and corruption,” said Prof. Taguiwalo.
News from International Partners
In order to carry forward the spiritual accompaniment of the Korean peninsula and the churches of North and South Korea the WCC is invited to join the Christians of North and South Korea in a joint moment of prayer. Each year, the National Council of Churches in Korea and the Korean Christian Federation jointly prepare a Prayer for Peace and Reunification of the Korean Peninsula. This prayer is used on the Sunday just before August 15 of each year, the day when Korea was liberated from Japanese colonial oppression, and ironically, the day when it was divided by external forces.
God of Love!
It has been 25 years since we agreed to keep the week of Independence Day as a joint prayer week with the wish of reconciliation, and peace and reunification of the Korean Peninsula. It was a promise from the South and North Korean churches’ deep prayer to God for peace and reunification and was a vow of love in a very difficult time. We, however, still have not reached full liberation and still are experiencing conflict and hostile policies. Oh Lord! Have mercy on us.
HOT OFF THE PRESS:
THE INTERSECTIONS OF MIGRATION, HUMAN RIGHTS & DEVELOPMENT JUSTICE
Edited by Liberato C. Bautista & Mervin Sol H. Toquero
Price: Php. 300.00 each (or USD$ 15.00 price includes shipping and handling)
Purchase outside of the Philippines may be placed with the General Board of Church and Society of the United Methodist Church, New York Office, 777 United Nations Plaza, Suite 8G, New York, NY 10017
The 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches met in a region where nuclear explosions, accidents and threats have taken a heavy toll. Northeast Asia is the only place on earth where nuclear weapons have been used in warfare. During the Cold War more than 1,000 nuclear bombs were tested in adjoining areas of the Pacific and Asia. Today all states in the region either possess nuclear weapons or depend on the US nuclear arsenal. The 100-plus nuclear power plants in East Asia and the many more planned are signs of economic prowess but also reminders of the Fukushima tragedy. South Korea has the highest geographic concentration of nuclear power plants in the world.
ANNOUNCEMENTS/EVENTS INVITATION TO BID
Title: Supply of construction materials
Contracting Authority: National Council of Churches in the Philippines
Deadline of submission of Bids: April 7, 2015, 12 MN
NCCP, is launching a Negotiated tender and invites interested suppliers in supplying of the Items.
Bidding will be conducted through Negotiated Procedure.
1. All the goods are for a humanitarian project Brgy. Ferreras, Marabut Samar; Brgy. Serum Basey, Samar; Brgy. Odoc, Marabut Samar, Brgy. Sawa Basey, Samar; Brgy. Salvacion Bsaey Samar; Brgy. Mahayag, Albuera Leyte, and Brgy. 83-C Tacloban City supported by National Council of Churches in the Philippines and Act Alliance.
2. All the goods to be delivered to the Specified Barangay.
3. Please note, the bid prices shall be quoted in pesos only.
4. All bids, in English language only, must be delivered in a sealed envelope to the office mentioned below by March 18, 2015. Late bids will be rejected. Applicants with questions regarding this tender should send in writing (email) up to March 26, 2015.
5. Tenders will be opened at the address mentioned below at the time stated in the tender dossier.
6. Tender documents will be available from March 18, 2015. Interested Bidders may obtain a complete set of bidding documents in English at no cost from the contact mentioned below.
NCCP ACT ALLIANCE
Zamora St. Cor Paterno, Tacloban City
Karren D. Kempis