For “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, 25 but the word of the Lord endures forever.” That word is the good news that was announced to you. (I Peter 24-25)
Recognizing that the Bible, the word of God, is essential in the unity and transformation of the Filipino people that there be national righteousness, economic sufficiency, social justice, and a God-fearing citizenry, we recommend that the year 2020 be declared as the YEAR of the Bible.
We encourage the NCCP member churches and associate members to find effective and creative ways of expressions and develop the appropriate programs and activities to focus on and give importance to the bible during the year, and beyond.
Suggested activities to support the declaration:
- Bible forum among NCCP member churches.
- Sunday sermons on the importance of the Bible in transformation and unity.
- Aim to read the Bible in one year. Monthly monitoring and rewards for those who can reach the goal. This can particularly work with the youth.
- Public reading of the Bible during Semana Santa.
- Art expressions of the Bible.
- Activities to encourage the youth and the children to read the Bible. Example, visit the Bible Museum, Bible quiz in schools and churches (can also be family bible quiz), poetry or songwriting, Bible hugot lines, etc.
*This statement was approved by the 25th General Convention of NCCP last November 25 – 28, 2019 at Sta. Mesa, Manila.